Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Updated Feb 22 when-covid-19-symptoms-develop-at-school-or-child-care chart.pdf
COVID-19 school and child care screening_ENG_AODA NEW.pdf
The following message was sent to all families
Changes to the provincial COVID-19 school screening tool
Dear Mountie Families,
Each day, families are asked to ensure that their child(ren) complete the COVID-19 school screening tool prior to coming to school.
In an effort to strengthen health and safety measures and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, the criteria in the provincial COVID-19 school screening tool has been updated by the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
The updated provincial direction states that students and staff with any new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19 (as indicated in the screening tool), even those with only one symptom, must stay home until:
- They receive a negative COVID-19 test result;
- They receive an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional; or,
- It has been 10 days since their symptom onset and they are feeling better.
In addition, all asymptomatic household contacts of symptomatic individuals are required to quarantine until the symptomatic household member receives a negative COVID-19 test result or receives an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.
If the symptomatic individual tests positive, or is not tested and does not receive an alternative diagnosis from a health care professional, the symptomatic individual must isolate (including from household members) for 10 days from symptom onset, and all household contacts must isolate until 14 days from their last contact with the symptomatic individual.
The updated COVID-19 school screening tool is available on the Ontario government's website here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/.
- the link above is the screening tool (not the previous Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit chart)
- the province has returned to just one symptom - see the three choices above that have been bolded
- the previous 24 hour rule no longer applies - in the past a student could return after 24 hours if symptom-free. This no longer applies.
- if one sibling demonstrates a symptom at school, the other siblings must also go home and stay until one of the three options are followed.
Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.